Oxfam International for their GROW campaign:
What are some overarching tactics we can use in our campaigns to mobilize audiences in the global North and South, other than online petitions?
In own words:
Pitch a successful campaign to close the gap between awareness and action!
1. Millennials are currently the biggest traveling market
2. People are aware of global issues but do not feel personally connected to them
3. The word “donate” has a negative connotation, there’s no transparency and therefore no trust
4. The donation experience is short and not impactful
5. People don’t think their little contributions will make impact and therefore see no point
6. There are so many NGO’s worldwide people cannot differentiate them or understand where their money goes if they donate
Business Canvas Model | Stakeholder mapping | Personas | Empathy mapping | Value Proposition Canvas | User Journey Mapping
A strategy focused on the traveling millennials, concentrated on creating transparency and interaction with Oxfam.
Oxfam International is a big organization working on many global issues. Instead of focusing on one issue, why not focus on all the issues and target the information and approach to a specific market? The most influential global market right now- millennial travelers!
An example of a campaign using the proposed strategy: